People living with chronic pain seek the support of health and care services at a much higher rate. They also frequently report poor outcomes and experiences, despite the best efforts of health and care professionals.
Unfortunately, although chronic pain is common, it’s widely misunderstood. This represents an additional challenge not only for those people affected by it, but also those health and care professionals tasked with supporting them.
Our ‘Lifting the Lid on Pain’ workshops are led by expert pain clinicians. They’re available to anyone working in a role that involves providing care and support for people struggling to manage their pain.
More information & to book
Click on a date below to reserve your space at one of our free, informal 90 minute workshops. Please note: some event venues are still to be confirmed, but the locations below will not change. We’ll keep this page updated, so watch this space!
- Sunday 7 May: Darlington (Theatre Hullabaloo, with special guest Prof. Lorimer Moseley)
- Monday 8 May: Guisborough (St Nicholas’ Church Hall)
- Tuesday 9 May: Whitby (Turnbull’s Bar, Whitby Town FC)
- Wednesday 10 May: Saltburn (Saltburn Community Hall & Theatre)
- Thursday 11 May: Hartlepool (Hartlepool College of Further Education)
Health and social care professionals are also welcome to attend our closing event on Friday 12 May (The Assembly Rooms Theatre, 40 North Bailey, Durham).
Not a health/social care professional? Explore our events open to the public.